Thursday, June 5, 2008

Bunk Room

These are pictures of the "finished" bunk room mural. Except that the homeowners "like it so much" that they want to add a lot more detail. There was nothing the designer or I could say to convince them that it really is done. I think usually the lower the detail contrast, the better - for a residential mural. I think in a residence the exposure is protracted enough that for the discovery process to continue, you need to not be able to see all the details without really looking. In fact, some of the best murals become more of just a pattern and most viewers don't really notice them right away. Well they probably notice there is a mural but not really what the mural is of.




3 comments:

Leslie said...

super cool.

Charlotte said...

I really love that ceiling. Ironic how if you give a low bid, it always turns out to be the one that takes 3 times as long to finish!

Unknown said...

I love that!

(really sorry about the customers though . . . )