Friday, April 25, 2008

The Last Two

I was able to finish 2 last works before the opening:


Serenade 18" x 24"


The other is a little different than anything I have been doing. I quite liked the result. Its a couple of beautiful pine trees in Sugar House Park, that I have admired for years.

Stalwarts 36" x 48"

The opening seemed to go quite well. There were a lot of people there this time, that was fun.
It was great to see some old family and friends that I hadn't seen in a while. I found out some of them actually read this stuff periodically too. Maybe they will even start making some comment periodically too.
I think I sold a few pieces. Since the buyers get to try them out in their homes or where-ever for a little while, and bring them back if they don't feel they work as well as they thought, I am not counting anything as sold until I actually have the money for it.

4 comments:

Collings Family said...

Wish I could have been there. I like it when you tell us what inspired you to paint something- like the trees in Sugarhouse park. I still want to know more about why you choose to paint what you do and where you got your inspiration from for the others.

Charlotte said...

Those both photographed pretty well. I think it was funny how the owner of Evergreen kind of "hid" the painting of the pine trees behind the desk since he wants to buy it. Both are beautiful. You're so talented, and sexy too.=)

Anonymous said...

I thought your art show had a lot of people attending and the art presented well. amy jo

Judy Huntzinger said...

We loved it and will miss the quick visits and long visits A LOT.... aah, "old family and friends"? how about "old friends and family" some of us are more sensitive on this subject than others ;0) !