Saturday, May 17, 2008

Interesting Internet Find


I recently found some published photos of a mural I did as a promotion at a Showcase house in San Francisco. I have shown a couple of you already, and haven't posted it because of the interesting details in the attributions at the end of the photo set. But they are really good images and I really love how the mural turned out so the photo set is here. I don't really understand how this kind of thing usually works but thought i had worked out something specific with the designers. Obviously, I misunderstood. I would love to hear what you think of it, especially those who haven't seen any pictures of it before. i think it is one of my favorite kids rooms i have done so far. If anyone wants to see some additional snapshots without any furniture (just the mural) let me know and I can post some of those.

5 comments:

Collings Family said...

I want to see pictures of it without the furniture..its hard to see with all the stuff in the way. Although its beautiful stuff. Amazing kids room! I cringe to think what my kids could do to that room and how quickly they could make it not so beautiful. I can't even hang curtains.

Anonymous said...

it looks great, brad, i mean tyler! that's so weird that they got the credit wrong. I think you ought to let them know, it could come up if you were googled if the citation were correct.

i think the mural's lovely, it suits that room perfectly. i love the silver trefoil pattern. did they give you guidelines of what they wanted, or did you just surprise them? i'm always curious how that works . . .

ps, when will you be doing jeff's new house in dallas? you're welcome to stay with us!!

Tyler H said...

Actually Leslie, I am fairly confident that Traditional Home published the attributions exactly as the folks at Ironies gave it to them. The two persons listed under the mural are the owners of Ironies. To be fair they were quite specific about who they wanted the mural to look. I selected all the colors (subject to Brad's and Kate's approval or rejection) and did all the sketches, drawing, and layout, and the painting.

Fritz said...

I just happened upon your blog somehow. I am completely amazed. If only I were filthy rich and could hire you to paint my house. I hope you don't mind, but I linked you from my blog. I know the 5 people who read mine (all obligated family) will love your work. Thanks.

tim said...

hummm, sounds like something needs to get worked out. Nice work though. I have some wall paper samples I should send you when you post the rest of the pictures.I really want to see them too. I love the choice of colors and contrast. -It reminds me I have a painting to finish.