Sunday, May 25, 2008

Vermont


So I am here in Vermont again. I am hopping to get this Telescope silo finished up this time. There was a lot of repair since they had us do the plaster stripes prior to finishing the trim. In addition we are putting the same plaster on some removable panels on the ceilings of the connection area between the house and the silo. Then we are putting stars in random coin sized stars on the walls and ceilings. These are a few images prior to the gold stars. I think we will be done with the stars by tomorrow so I will put some final images up then. The colors in these images are really washed out, the fire-engine red isolating shaft will still look a little out of place till the gold stars are in. I think you can tell from the image it is a highly polished automotive finish.


Also included are images of the inside of the observatory up where (the telescope is) dome. I painted this on a previous trip. I hope these aren't too dark to see anything. It is a kind of random pattern of simplified celestial objects airbrushed in automotive metallics in about 12 different colors.




5 comments:

Judy Huntzinger said...

OH that is just fabulous!! You really did a fantastic job with that. Vermont must be nice this time of year..... love you mom

Leslie said...

very cool. love the celestial shapes and such.

Collings Family said...

WOW! (I yelled that out loud and my kids came running to see) Is that a private residence or a business?

Charlotte said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Charlotte said...

Amazing. It's fun to see all the different things you come up with for these people. Can't imagine having money to spend on such details, but it sure is fun to see how creative you can be.