Wednesday, May 11, 2022

Do you have a hobby?


My "Meadow"

One of my favorite hobbies is creating spaces that inspire me.  At home, I have a flower bed that I have been told looks like a "bunch of weeds".  I like to call it my "meadow".  I do allow quite a few "volunteers" to thrive there amongst some other plants that I paid way too much for.  I love to spend cold, winter evenings in front of a fire, browsing mail order magazines for bulbs, etc.  I try to create flower beds that mimic nature, looking effortless, but have actually required quite a bit of planning.  I am not sure I am getting it quite right yet.

Although I rarely paint flowers (although I regularly think I might change that)- this method of layering, striving for an effortless appearance is a common theme in much of my work.

Do you have hobbies that inspire you?  I'd love to hear about them.

No comments: