Wednesday, June 1, 2022

Dad jokes- Have you heard the one about....?


Since June is the month to celebrate dad's, I thought I'd start this week's email with a "dad joke".  


Why can't a pirate spell "iris"?

**He only has one "i"


Good thing I'm an artist and not a comedian, right?  But while were are on the subject- I'm a little obsessed with irises right now.  I spend far too much time on several Facebook groups devoted to the spotting, celebration and trading of irises.  If you share that interest at all- I'd love to talk about is seeing as I've bored my family completely.  I'm told that being an artist seems to permeate every part of my life.  While some people might look at an iris and absently remark on it's beauty, I love to identify the little intricacies and variations in color among the identical bulbs that I grow.  Waiting for the papery coverings to part so the flower can emerge feels like Christmas to me.  The above photo is my favorite so far from this season, "Strawberry Frosting".  I've only attempted paintings flowers a couple of times, but definitely find inspiration in collecting and cultivating them.

No comments: