Thursday, October 20, 2022

Unshakeable Dependability (unlike my newsletter?!)


"Stalwarts"
48 x 36

 I apologize for the delay in the newsletter this week.  I am currently on my way to work on a project in the Philippines and the logistics have been complicated.  Ironically, I had already decided on writing about this piece before I left and the obstacles that I need to power through currently have me trying to channel the energy of these two beauties.


I've recently been commissioned to do a new version of this piece and I've been thinking about the inspiration of the original.  In a neighborhood park that I used to often visit with my children, I noticed two mature pine trees that were green amidst the surrounding snow of winter.  They had obviously been there for generations, and displayed the power to resist and endure.  Loyal and reliable are those two trees- it brings me peace just to look at them.

I'll be posting the progress of the new commission on social media.  I'd love for your to follow along on the journey and let me know your thoughts as the new piece comes together.

No comments: