Wednesday, October 26, 2022

After Midnight (Scary or Dreamy?)

Borghese Garden After Midnight 1

16 x 20 

 This time of year seems filled with stories that take place "after midnight" so I thought I'd highlight a painting of mine with that name.  Interesting, it is about a time that I have intensely fond memories- no horror over here!


I've done quite a bit of traveling over my life, so I didn't expect my time in Rome, Italy to be much different than other places I have visited.  There were, of course, a few things that I had really looked forward to seeing, but I was quite unprepared for how much I fell in love with the city.  For the first few months, the project I was working on took up most of the day and I could only really go out in the evening.  My oldest son and I would ride our bikes around at night, after I got home from work.  Invariably, we would find ourselves in the Borghese gardens.  It was winter and the sky was usually overcast, silhoetting the trees against the misty night sky.

Are there places you have visited that leave you with an indelible memories?  I can't wait to go back to Rome!

-Tyler

No comments: