Wednesday, November 2, 2022

Do you love an early snowfall? (Finding beauty in the moment)

 



An early snowfall reminds me of the times when my parents lived in Fallon, Nevada for a few years.  If you haven't visited, to get there- you drive out into the middle of nowhere, then take a dirt road into an even farther nowhere.  However, fun fact- Fallon is the home to the U.S. Navy-Fighter Weapons School (TOPGUN).  My dad worked there for a few years and my young family and I made the trek quite often, particularly around Thanksgiving and Christmas.

I spotted the little sparrow in this painting on a branch, at a truck stop, in the dead of winter on one such road trip.  I'm not a huge fan of winter, and this is a reminder to me that there is beauty all around us, if we just take a moment to stop and observe.

Where have you found beauty in an unexpected place?


No comments: