Wednesday, October 5, 2022

Are Fall and Winter my favorite times of year?

 


This time of year, as the days get shorter and the mornings are colder, I am reminded how much I dislike fall and winter.  That may be surprising since the bulk of my paintings seem to portray that time of year.  Maybe it is the search to find beauty in the midst of despair?

As I was visiting the historic skyscraper that was the only realized high rise of Frank Lloyd Wright in Bartlesville, Oklahoma, I saw this couple of starlings stopping on their migration in an oak tree.  The tree was almost totally bare of leaves so the silhouettes were particularly noticeable.  

What about you?  What is your favorite time of year?  How do you find ways to enjoy those parts of the year that may not initially bring you joy?

-Tyler

No comments: