Wednesday, March 26, 2008

other projects

Still no Baby in my arms yet. I am trying to get a few things done before he arrives. Well, I don't think I will get any of them actually done by then, but they should all be fairly far along.
Most importantly I am trying to get Oliver's room in the basement finished before our newest addition needs to move into the nursery/guest room/library. Eventually he will be in this new room in the basement, too. That's the plan anyway.

We are finally about done with the downstairs bathroom. All we have left there is plastering and installing hardware. Oh, and hopefully the electrician will actually come back at some point...
I am still a long way from having enough finished pieces for the show that is fast approaching. In fact, I don't quite have half of the pieces I need. I do think some of what I am doing have some interesting things going on with them. I do have a couple more finished, I will post them as soon as I get some pictures taken.

The image at the top is the other little project I have going right now. I am expermenting with some embroidery on a sweater from DI, that we shrunk down. The image above is a little drawing of an altered wallpaper pattern. I thought maybe a poppy would be a good image for my first attempt, since I think the texture of poppy plants and flowers would make the, likely, somewhat crazy stitching of this first time not seem quite so odd- I hope anyway. My guess is, much like anything else, well chosen colors will carry it through, even if the stitches do get a little too crazy. The sweater is a warm tan, the leaves I will be doing in several barley green, olive shades and the blossom in slightly warm, very light, pink shades. If the results aren't too embarrassing I will try to put some pictures of the results on.

3 comments:

Leslie said...

can't wait to hear how the show turns out, but i'm mostly anxious for that baby to come! :)
good luck with everything. you've got a lot going on over there!

Unknown said...

That sweater sounds cool and exciting-- I wanna see it when it is done

Charlotte said...

With how slow this baby is coming... you might get more done than you expect! :/