Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Requested Video

Mom ask me to put this video of the ward talent show on here. I was quite surprised Oliver was wiling to do this at all. Emmaline felt like she had practiced it soo much, but when we got there, Oliver "didn't know there was going to be all these people." He decided wasn't going up there anymore and Emmaline was really mad. Then Oliver heard some people laughing at one of the performances. He asked if "they will laugh at me?" At first I didn't understand how exciting that prospect was to him. As soon as I did, I assured him that people would probably find it funny (on a few different levels I am sure.) But, I told him, I didn't know if they would laugh because they wouldn't want to hurt his feelings. He just had me commit to at least my own laughter and he was ready to go on up. It is kinda funny to see how the laughter he gets through the performance makes him more confident as they go.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oliver is so cute. My kids love that book, too. Emmaline did a good job!

Charlotte said...

Turned out better than I expected although I'm still disappointed Emmaline didn't get to recite her poems. Wish I could have been there!

Judy Huntzinger said...

It was quite amazing either one of them wanted to do that, and it was just so cute, but that is from a grandma but I thought other people like it to.

Collings Family said...

He got a laugh from me too. I just loved that. What a great idea to have them read that cute book.

Ninth Mode said...

It's amazing to see Emmaline growing up so much. Last time I saw her was... early 2002? Yes, about then.