Tuesday, December 11, 2007

7 Interesting Things

Okay, since Tyler is never going to get around to this... I'm going to do it for him. But you better read quickly... he retains the right to edit, delete, or in any other way "fix" this post.

1. He can remember things from when he was an infant in a car seat and couldn't talk. (The only other person I have heard of that has this in common is Georgia O'Keefe- so maybe it's an artist thing.)

2. Colors and numbers have personality to him. Subtraction was difficult, as a child, since some numbers where taken away.

3. He feels that having attention deficit is an asset, not a handicap. When we first started dating, it bothered me that he could be watching T.V., drawing, and supposedly listening to me at the same time- until I realized that he actually was listening. He just appeared to have his focus elsewhere.

4. He is the smartest person I know. When he was given an I.Q. test as a child, the score was so high, his parents thought perhaps he had cheated until the administrator explained that was impossible. (Their doubts were likely due to how poorly he was doing in school.) He is not only "book" smart, though. He has amazing problem solving skills, common sense and is a trivia king!

5. Although it is hard to pin him down on a "favorite," the colors he most often chooses are those that other people would call "ugly." Puke green, mustard yellow and brown are good examples.

6. He doesn't really believe in "talent" for art. He believes that anyone can become good at drawing, painting, etc. if they just decide they want to do it and practice. He doesn't feel that as a child he had talent or was even particularly good at art. He just wanted to do it and practiced all the time.

7. The MOST interesting thing is that he married me! Although he loves to tell strangers a bizarre story about how he rescued me from a trailer park and an abusive marriage- we actually met at good old "Ivy Towers" dance club in Provo. I was there with a guy I had been "dating" who was a real jerk. To make my date mad, I decided to flirt with the best looking guy in the club. Who else but Tyler?! I really never expected him to even give me the time of day. I think he didn't expect to give me any attention either. He thought I was dressed funny and had a big nose. But I stole his heart- I guess it was "meant" to be =)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Big nose? I never even noticed her nose- thats how big it is!

That is some cool stuff-worded this way I never really knew I knew those things about you.

I feel the same way about photography as you do art. Anyone can do it if they wanted to and practiced it alot.

really liked reading about you- glad you married Charlotte so she could write it for you =) seriously.

Tyler H said...

I kind thought it would be a little embarrassing to write a bunch of stuff about me. Though I enjoyed reading this I think it might be even more embarrassing to read what someone else wrote- only know others are reading it too. Well at least one other person anyway. I certainly cant remove it after all the work Charlotte put into it. I will obviously need to make a post with my own "clarifications" to this list. Let me state right now however that I absolutely can Not imagine being more attracted to anyone than I am to my Beautiful wife. I am also very glad she finally married me even if I will never really understand it. I worry sometimes - I need to move this to a post....

Laura said...

I love to see how you and Charlotte both feel like you married "up". I think that that kind of marriage is the kind that lasts! Tim is a super-multi-tasker like you, and I like Charlotte, have never understood how that can possibly be, since my brain just doesn't work that way. Funny.