Monday, December 24, 2007

Charlotte's Nightmare

So, speaking of my studio, I have really been wishing I had a place to paint at my house. My studio is about a 10 min drive from my house, but I hate going over there, away from the kids, when I am out of town so much. And I already gave some ideas of why they don't come with me a lot. I think we are getting close to finishing up the NYC job and I am really hoping to get serious about production. The intermittent painting I have been able to fit in this year has been interfering with any growth - I seem to forget everything I figure out before I get a chance to use it again. I think if I had a place to work here, then during drying or anytime they needed me I could take a little break. Unfortunately there isn't really any space in this house where that kind of thing would work. With the fumes it would probably need to be some kind of separate structure anyway. It really needs to be somewhere Charlotte doesn't really ever see it either. Her list of interesting things #7 along with the following picture of my current studio explains why this is so important- as if it wasn't already obvious to all...My tolerances for such things are a bit different.

4 comments:

Judy Huntzinger said...

The fumes in your studio are pretty bad. The unfinished rooms downstairs could work if not for the smell. I can see how working from home could be wonderful time wise..... just one of those things. Hope you are having a Merry Christmas. Could you post some pictures of that?? Missin' all of you.

Charlotte said...

Yes... the studio has been a real lifesaver. I remember when we used one bedroom of the 3 in our apartment as your space. I could only go so long before I had to clean it out. The studio is much better- but we'll have to figure out the being away from home thing.

Tyler H said...

Charlotte- it is interesting that that room is the thing you mention not the HUGE projects in the middle of the front room. Very charitable of you not to mention those, or I guess maybe you had repressed those memories , whoops! Hope I didn't ruin that effort I can think of a few other I hope are on that list if there is one.

Anonymous said...

You think there is any way you could turn that north east part of your shed into a workable space for your paintings? I realize this might not be a solution during the winter time, but the big windows might be nice for the fumes. Let me know if you ever want some help on your underpaintings once you start producing more work.