Saturday, February 23, 2008

'Disturbed' 48' x 60'

Another just completed piece. It is a bit different then any of my other finished pieces. It is more sparse, and looks even larger because of it. I have received kind of a mixed reaction from the limited audience that has viewed it so far. I know there has got to be someone (maybe many) out there who thinks all of this stuff is a complete waste of time and materials; periodically I do a little. No one has been willing to verbalize any such feelings yet. I think I actually would value that kind of perspective too, if articulated well enough I can actually understand it. If there was enough traffic here maybe someone would ... anyway if any of you know any really negative, articulate people send them this way please.

5 comments:

Leslie said...

cool. you won't get negative feedback from me, i don't think. i love all the stuff you make!

Charlotte said...

I wasn't sure you would ever get this one "just right"... but I think you did it. Looks great.

Collings Family said...

Sorry, nothing but positive from me. I love the reds.

Unknown said...

this is one of my favorite pieces so far.
I love the mood . . . that is the best quality of your paintings I think. The mood it creates. like
Wuthering heights-Dark romantic and dream like, distant and quiet and a little chilly . . .kinda Poe ish-

Unknown said...

alot of people I have met think art (in general) is a waste of time . . .

what particularly, do you want them to be negative about -the whole picture, art in general, or your processes and techniques?

just curious