Tuesday, November 20, 2007

So yesterday I was in Logan doing some repair work. I used that as an opportunity to take some photos of the work we did there. The bottom picture is the bathroom where we had the repair work needed. The homeowner seemed a little put out that no one removed the toilet when we painted the powder bath, so wen they changed toilet to a super low profile some of the original white walls showed. In all the years I have been painting I have never heard of someone just expecting something like that. I guess they thought we were plumbers also. Of course the wall needs to be finished down to the new toilet -just weird they thought the wall should have been finished behind the old one. Of course all they heard from us was, "we'll take care of that."



This is the master bedroom. The ceiling is genuine silver leaf aged with a true patina. The contrast in this finish isn't nearly as strong and it looks in the photos. It is hard to photograph highly reflective surfaces. It is a little stronger than I would have liked - it was what they wanted though. Some of the cool iridescence doesn't show up at all, even in the detail.



This is Aluminum leaf (the "silver" leaf you get at craft stores) on a burnished plaster finish. The leafing is lightly aged with some steel wool giving a "brushed" metal look. the shaped are based on a drawing I did in VA of some daisies that are kind of drying up. I used that drawing in several ceramics pieces I did in school too.

1 comment:

Charlotte said...

Crazy how often I don't get to see the finished project. This stuff is pretty dramatic, but I love it all. I never would have imagined the "daisies" used that way.