Thursday, November 15, 2007

My Lonley Heart


I really enjoy listening to this guy playing in the subway. He is on the uptown side of the spring street station (green line), pretty much every time I have been there in the past few years. I love his dilapidated old guitar and the way he pauses for trains, completely unselfconsciously. And I really love the way he truly doesn’t seem to care about whether anyone is listening or not. I guess the thing I love most is the plaintive longing in his love songs. I suppose it really strikes a chord partly because I am always missing Charlotte so much while I am away.

5 comments:

Collings Family said...

Tyler - thanks for posting that guy's music. He totally made my day. Probably for the exact same reasons you like him. Hope things go well with your work.

Anonymous said...

Very cool. I hope you are enjoying your time in NYC (as much as you can without your family--I knowyou miss them terribly) while we are here in the cultural wasteland that is Utah. Well, maybe it isn't that bad.

Tyler H said...

Tricia, Utah definitely has a culture. I don’t feel very positive about several aspects of that culture, and it sounds like maybe you sometimes feel the same. That State has work out a few things none of the rest seem to be able to get quite right however.

Charlotte said...

I love that he isn't "homeless." He's just some guy that loves to make music. I also loved seeing all the "entertainment" available on the subways in NYC.

Unknown said...

This is a beautiful Blog. I am glad it can see pictures of what you are up to. Your work is gorgeous . . . as always.